Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I think its exciting..


This week has been pretty cool due to the fact that the All-Star Game took place on Sunday and President Obama flew in this morning!

The All-Star Game and all the hoopla surrounding it meant that there were incredibly high passenger loads for the last couple of days. And do you know what the game meant for me? (besides more work) It meant that I got to see celebrities! Sure, it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm tempted to be all nonchalant about it, but why pretend.. I love seeing celebs! There is something strangely intriguing about it. Anyway, I didn't recognize too many people. A co-worker/friend of mine kept ooh-ing and aah-ing, saying that tons of former basketball players (hall-of-fame'rs and so forth were coming through) but my celebrity knowledge is limited, when it comes to athletes. People I saw: Boris Diaw, Donald Faison, his girlfriend Cacee Cobb (ie. Jessica Simpson's cousin *lol*), and Mena Suvari! Funny thing is, I ran in to Mena in the food court, quite literally! :-o

I wish I could have gone to one of the All-Star Events, but I really couldn't with work/internship keeping me busy and sleep-deprived.

Now lets talk about something even more exciting! I've never actually seen Air Force One, only the bulky C-17 that carries all the president's cargo. (like Cadillac one)


A C-17, they're enormous!



I would love to see an Air Force One landing, because the whole process is apparently quite a sight to see. Before the plane lands F-16 fighter jets apparently clear the runway of any debris that could pose a threat or be something else entirely. I posted a clip of President Obama arriving at Chicago O'Hare last week via Air Force One. Instead of F-16s there were large twin-rotor helicopters clearing the runway.


I had to work this morning, other wise I might have waited for Air Force One to arrive. Since President Obama flies out again tomorrow morning I think I'll try to catch a glimpse of his plane or even just the C-17 during one of my breaks.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is exciting that you got to see all sorts of celebrities! I also think it would be neat to see Air Force 1. Do they have the president land at a completely seperate terminal? Do they do anything special at that terminal for him? Is the general public able to see Air Force 1 land from somewhere in the airport?

    ReplyDelete