Thursday, February 19, 2009

Confusing, eh?

I’ve been in the same place for almost five weeks now and I feel completely settled in now. I still think that I should rotate to other departments so I can get a general overview of what really goes on behind-the-scenes at TSA, but that doesn’t meant that I’m not perfectly content where I am at right now. To give you a better idea of what exactly I’ve been up to I will try to outline what goes on in Property Management.


I’m sure some of you frequent travelers will remember that TSA officers stationed at security checkpoints used to wear white shirts, but on Septermber 11th (2008) a new set of uniforms was rolled out. Instead of stark white, the uniforms are now royal blue. Since the blue uniforms were rolled out all checkpoint officers have had to turn in their old white uniforms. I’m pretty sure the due date came and went and there are still so many uniform items that have yet to be returned. Some people still have uniforms from the original roll out, old patches and everything.


Property Management has been busy making and regularly up-dating a list of all the people that still owe white uniforms. What I’ve had to do in regards to the white uniforms:

  • Log returned items when people turn things in. This includes finding their uniform paperwork, recording all returned items (stamping, signing, etc..), and making them a copy of said paperwork.
  • Remove names from THE LIST, when they have returned all items they were issued from the white uniform roll out.
  • Remove all patches from the uniforms so they can be disposed of. The patches get shredded and the “shirts” get disposed of I believe. (There isn’t much left once four patches have been removed) Some sweaters are being donated to the homeless once the patches have been carefully removed with some dreadful knitting/crocheting tool.


Dealing with white uniforms is only one of the many things the Property Management Team deals with, I’ll explain another task in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment