Saturday, April 11, 2009

My internship currently goes until April 25th, meaning I have exactly two weeks remaining.

How you will continue to network in your field:
As far as making connections go, I will still work with two separate departments while also interning in the SOCC for several days. I think networking will be a little bit easier for me because I will not really be leaving my internship-site once I have completed my 14 weeks.

How you intend on continuing to apply for positions to increase the chance of getting hired:
I already applied for one position and a similar one just opened up again and I may apply for that one as well. (both are in the SOCC) I am currently on a waiting list to go full-time with TSA. In the meantime I think I will continue to apply for various positions at the main office.
If I apply for any additional positions I will use the same resume and essay question answers. I believe that the elimination process occurs at the interview stage, not during the application process. Perhaps I will make changes to my application process once I have received some feedback from current applications.

What you will accomplish before the end of your internship:
Next week I will shadow a screening manager at his checkpoint. During the last week I may shadow someone in the Regulatory Department. Each of the people I am going to shadow apparently already have a project lined up for me. For me, this seems like a really nice way to cap off this internship.
The screening manager will actually have me working with files that I had to put together during my first several weeks interning at the Airport.

Strengths:
A strength in regard to the workplace is that I have gotten to see behind-the-scenes in almost all of the departments within TSA. I think this makes working anywhere else in the airport easier because I know how things are handled.

Weaknesses:
The fact that I am still thoroughly fazed by people’s titles may be a weakness. Spending time in the SOCC, or even just being in the main office, I have realized that most of upper management is quite approachable. It may take a while for me to get used to addressing some people by their first names.

No comments:

Post a Comment